GET TO KNOW US
THE PERFORMAX TEAM
Cofounders Armand Diesso, P.T. and Jessica M. Burke, P.T.,D.P.T. are dedicated to improving the wellness of every patient that walks through their door, as well as to provide them with the care and knowledge needed to recover from their injuries and prevent future physical ailments.READ MORE
Our staff specializes in a wide variety of injuries and forms of rehabilitation. Amongst those are Sports Related Injuries, Pre and Post Surgical Rehabilitation, Sprains and Strains, Joint Replacements, Arthritis, Sciatica, Joint Pain and Muscle Weakness, Vertigo, and Concussions.READ MORE
Stretching the lumbar spine as well as strengthening the supporting muscles leads to optimal spinal wellness.
Our treatment approach includes a combination of cervical spine strengthening along with manual stretching.
Specializing in treating and rehabbing everything from basic knee pain to total knee replacements.
Treating everything from rotator cuffs, slap tears, biceps tendonitis, and orthoscopic surgery.
- Injury Prevention Education
- Kinesio Taping/ Rocktape
- Gait Training
- Hands-on Stretching
- Balance and Stability Training
- Passive Muscle Release
- Muscle Strengthening
- Core Stabilization
- Patellar Alignment
- Concussion Management
INSTAGRAMS By @performaxptv
I successfully ended my physical therapy sessions yesterday here at Performax. The staff here did a wonderful job with the recovery of my back pain!!! I was motivated to work hard on healing my injury, as well as complete my exercises at home. The atmosphere here is an upbeat one- the therapists top notch--- well schooled, and they truly care about your well being! The desk staff is friendly and accommodating..,I will be recommending this office to friends and family !!!
Hands down the best place to get you back on track and feeling great. Great staff and clientele. #hurtsogood
Armand and the Performax Team not only helped rehabilitate me but got me stronger and I'll be back to fighting in 2016 plus just ran my first half marathon in Sept..: thanks Performax!
The most fun you can have while getting better! Great staff, beautiful office, and top notch skill set. You can't go wrong with choosing this place. It is the best on Long Island.
Armand and his staff are wonderful. You couldn't choose a more professional, well managed office. Their knowledge and dedication to your complete recovery is obvious and they do it all with the kindest spirit. Will continue to recommend them to anyone. A+++
The team at Performax is great. I have been in and out of Physical Therapy facilities for a long time. Performax is definitely the best one. Armand has hands of stone that can work out any issue. If your in need of PT this is the place to go. Thanks Team Performax!
Performax ~~*** I was told that I needed surgery on my neck and shoulder ? I went to Performax, Armand and his office staff. ..great people from the time you enter.
Armand hands works miracle, I can sleep at nite and don't need surgery...l and very thankful for all they have done for me.
HEADS UP! CONCUSSION MANAGEMENT
OUR THERAPISTS ARE ALL CERTIFIED IN CONCUSSION MANAGEMENT
CDC estimates reveal that between 1.6 million and 3.8 million concussions occur each year. 5-10% of athletes will experience a concussion in any given sport. The most common youth sports in which concussions occur are boys football and girls soccer. Only 78% of concussions occur during games; the remaining 22% occurring during practices. It is important to look out for concussion symptoms for 48 hours following a head injury, for an estimated 47% of athletes do not report feeling any symptoms directly following a concussive blow. Some symptoms to be aware of include headaches, dizziness, and nausea. In a case when these symptoms occur, be sure to seek medical attention and DO NOT return to sports until cleared by a therapist and medical professional. Performax therapists offer post-concussion testing for clearance to return to sports!
CONCUSSIONS IN YOUTH SPORTS
Concussions in youth sports are more common and more serious than many people realize. When suffering from a blow to the head, a child should seek medical attention within 48 hours to be assessed for any concussion symptoms; Some concussion symptoms may not arise for several hours after the injury occurs. Children should never return to playing sports after undergoing a concussion without being evaluated and cleared by a medical professional. Base line testing is highly recommended so that we can have pre-concussion results to refer to when testing kids on their ability to return to sports.